The FishObservationSite_PT layer describes the locations and attributes of all fish capture and effort activities undertaken by the Resource Mapping and Inventory Group (RMIG) of ADF&G, Division of Sport Fish specific to multiple project areas in Southeast Alaska. The dataset denotes locations of observations where any species of fish was captured or observed OR where any fish capture equipment was employed, but no fish were captured or observed. The dataset is intended to work in conjunction with the FishObservationCount table in AK Hydro to provide the associated species information, life-stage information, life history strategy information, a numerical summary of the fish encountered, and the associated dates recorded for each point location. In this way, the dataset provides absolute and confirmed presence of fish, as well as identifying those locations where fish capture/observation effort was applied, yet no fish were captured or observed.
- The “OBJECTID” attribute is a system default that provides a unique ID for each record in the dataset.
- The “WHOLEID” attribute indicates the ADF&G, Sport Fish Division’s 10 character alpha-numeric code which consists of a unique Project Code (1st 5 characters) concatenated with a unique Survey Identifier code (last 5 characters). This code is intended for internal ADF&G purposes and provides the ability to extract additional and relevant information only captured in the ADF&G, Division of Sport Fish database (Odyssey) through related tables, or attribute joining functions or queries.
- The “Enabled” attribute indicates whether or not a record participates in the Hydro_GN geometric network. The “Enabled” attribute occurs by default in each feature class that participates in the geometric network.
- The “GlobalID” attribute provides a unique ID for each record in the dataset and is required for each versioned dataset that participates in a replication scheme
- The “SHAPE” attribute is a system default that identifies the type of feature geometry for each record.